CRASH HOT POTATOES
Type: side dish
Calories: 221 (approximate)
Prep 10 m
Cook 60 m
Ready In 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Clean the potatoes and place in a large saucepan, fill with cold water to cover potatoes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of salt and place over high heat.
- Boil potatoes until tender (generally 20-25 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and let cool, turn on oven.
- Drizzle baking pan with oil (I use a silpat so I drizzle oil on the silpat itself to prevent sticking).
- Put potatoes on the pan and coat in the oil, add more oil if necessary.
- Smash the potatoes using a measuring or drinking cup almost flat (about 3/4 to 1 inch thick).
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the potatoes in 450 oven. Place on lower rack for 10 minutes, then move to upper rack for another 10-15 minutes.
You can do this with normal potatoes, they will need to be cut into appropriate sizes for same result though.