SPINACH AND BLACK BEAN PASTA
Calories: 322 (approximate)
Prep 15 m
Cook 30 m
Ready In 45 minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2+ cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 clove garlic, chopped (I used bottled)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli (use microwave to thaw)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 ounces whatever kind of grated Parmesan cheese you have in the fridge
- Boil a large pot of lightly salted water.
- Add Rotini, cook for 8-10 minutes and drain (supposed to be al dente I am told).
- Add the garlic and onions with a slight amount of oil to a large skillet and cook over medium heat to soften the onions.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Mix in spinach, salt and pepper.
- Then stir in beans and broccoli and cook for 5-10 more minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes and continue cooking another 10 minutes.
- Add back in rotini and cook all together for 5 more minutes to warm up rotini and cook a little longer.
- Garnish with cheese if you have it. Don’t listen to the snobs, if you only have store bought grated cheese that is more than fine.
- This is a lot of food, unless you are feeding a football team you have lunches for a couple of days at least.