Type: dessert, cookies
Servings: 24 (closer to 36 for small cookies)
Calories: Who knows? (approximate)
Prep 15 m + 2 hours
Cook 20 m
Ready In 35 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls (or in my case use a small ice cream scoop – which is why I got 36 cookies and not 24, a bit smaller but still tasty).
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.