Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Type: dessert, cookies
Calories: Who knows? (approximate)
Prep 15 m + 1.5 hours
Cook 30 m
Ready In 2 hours (longer depending on the fridge time)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- .5 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups crunch peanut butter
- .5-1 cup white chocolate chips
- Set out butter and eggs for at least one hour.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder, set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, softened butter, both sugars, and eggs together and mix.
- Combine flour/soda/powder and salt into the mixture. Mix well
- Add in vanilla and white chocolate chips (or if you have no class, use chocolate chips).
- Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (I have been told you can leave in fridge for up to 3 days and the longer you wait the better, but I have no patience for that.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper or silicon matt on baking sheets
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls (or in my case use a small ice cream scoop – which is why I got 36 cookies, a bit smaller but still tasty).
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped water (to help prevent sticking)
- Bake for 12-13 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.